Sunday, March 6, 2016

The Basic Making and Baking of Strawberry Shortcake

I have been so busy with a lot of thoughts on my mind...this year would have me felt peace, but with
criticism, isn't it fair? Well, as I've told that life is goes on and I have to accept the mistakes that I had made. As my favorite diarist, Anne Frank said, "Don't think of me as a fourteen-year-old, since all these troubles have made me older; I won't regret my actions, I'll behave the way I think I should." Yeah, I learn a lesson of not to deal with the past. Because the past is over, it cannot bring back. The present is now as I keep going now. This is part of history, and part of life's a lesson. 

Okay, this weekend was a Strawberry Festival. Last year, I did finally make it with my family. It was
better, and I enjoyed spending Strawberry Festival with my family. I miss it. :( I couldn't go because I don't live near Strawberry Festival anymore. But that festival is in my new area with different date. That different date is going to be after my birthday. I look forward to go there with my siblings and in-law as I hope so. Okay, um...oh, yesterday, and again today I made strawberry shortcake. It tastes divinely yummy! Here is a picture of it.

Here is a recipe of strawberry shortcakes that I adapted little bit from Bisquick box.
Because of 4 cups of sliced fresh strawberries are too much for 6 spoonfuls of dough. 

2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
½ cup sugar
2 ½ cups Original Bisquick mix
½ cup milk 
3 Tbsp. sugar 
3 Tbsp. butter, melted 

Add to frozen whip cream after making and mixing strawberries in ½ cup sugar and baking biscuit at the oven. I set the heat oven to 425-degree F.

Stir Bisquick mix, milk, 3 Tbsp. sugar and the butter until soft dough forms. Drop by 6 spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.  

Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Split warm shortcakes; fill and top with strawberries and whip cream.

After I made and baked only 6 strawberry shortcakes, these are now serving-:) Well, if I live with like 10 people in a nice big house, I can make 20 strawberry shortcakes!-: D, he he. Oh, how heavenly I love biting the strawberry shortcakes! <3

If you have drooling with, and desiring to bite the strawberry shortcakes, help yourself.-;) Loiriam xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take your time to leave a comment.