Saturday, December 13, 2014

The Thought of Making the Fresh Apple Pie Is All That It

Yesterday was extreme busy! I made big dinner for my father and me. And I was making the fresh apple pie. At first, before I was making them, I went to Walmart with my father for shopping food and one thing I need. When we were done with shopping, we went ahead to home. What were things I made for dinner? And after I made dinner and ate it, I took a break after eating dinner first, and then to clumsily prepare apple pie for today Saturday.







When I read the recipe of fresh apple pie, I did my best to figure out how to make it correctly. However, imperfectly is, I took the four apples. The type of apple is an excellent source. I thought four apples are correcting for six cups of sliced apples, but really is have to be five apples. I learn a lesson is to next time grabbing five apples. After I grabbed the apples, I peeled them and cut them into the slices. I prepared the sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg for the sliced apples. I mixed these ingredients, and then I stirred them in apples. After I was doing these things, I thought that it. But what I did miss is to make the dough crust that is not include in fresh apple pie recipe. So here is the recipe of what missing:

3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons of butter
6 cups of sliced apples (approximately 8-10 medium sized apples)

Heat oven to 425 degrees.

Prepare pastry.

Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.

Stir in apples.

Turn mixture into pastry-lined pie plate. Dot with butter.

Cover with top crust that has slits cut into it. Seal and flute.

Cover edge with 3 inch strip of aluminum foil: remove during the last 15 minutes of baking.

Bake until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust. (45 to 50 minutes)

Do you see that in above? It doesn't include the making of  dough crust. So I searched for the recipe of it outside fresh apple pie. The name of it is Apple Pie that include the dough. I decided to make it dough  differently the way as to offer an idea and I liked it. I put the 2 1/2 cups flour, 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt, 2 butter sticks and 2 iced cube with cold liquid of 1 cup water to roll up with the flour as to prevent from sticky, I don't include the sugar and egg. Then I cut into the half of dough, and one that I rolled and spread it to the pie silver plastic plate. I put the mixture ingredients of fresh sliced apples in it. Again two I did and cover with top crust that I slits cut into it. I sealed and fluted it. And then whew! I baked the fresh apple pie for fifty minutes. After fifty minutes, I foiled the fresh apple pie and put it in the refrigerator for today Saturday's Brotherhood lunch meeting/after meeting. The group of mine enjoyed my fresh apple pie. I thanked them for congratulating me doing a good job. I was finally back to make the apple pie since I left school. I will make it next time. :) -Loiriam

Note: I did not take a picture of post-baking fresh apple pie (dough crust) because of it does not include the recipe of fresh apple pie. This is why. But not to concern with it. I will make fresh apple pie for the next time with dough crust recipe. And then after making it for the next time, I will take a picture of it on the following blogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take your time to leave a comment.