Saturday, February 1, 2014

Valentine’s Day Was My Favorite Loving Celebration and Its Still Forbid Me to Celebrate

This photo displays the red LOVE  fashion
and this was taken by June 23, 2011.

Today is February! Although I am not allowed to celebrate Valentine's Day, it was my favorite loving celebration. The reason why forbid me to celebrate Valentine's Day is because it’s pagan and it comes on feast day of two different Christian martyrs named Valentine. But the customs connected with the day…probably come from an ancient Roman festival called Lupercalia which took place every February 15th. The festival honored Juno, the Roman goddess of women and marriage, and Pan, the god of nature. So it is mixed with gods and the one God which denied by one God, a true God. So I’m still practice respect His decision. Although, I remember my co-chef in my culinary art class told me that Valentine’s Day is not a holiday. It is festival. So I still confuse why am I involved to celebrate other festivals like Strawberry Festival, Lilac Festival, etc.? Does it make sense? Well, I’m not allowed to be confused by myself because it explains that Valentine's Day is a pagan festival. Only I can celebrate the non-pagan festival like Strawberry Festival. So that is clear for me. Is it same as you? If you are still interesting to celebrate Valentine’s Day, I don’t blame you. But you know where Valentine's Day comes from.


Today is I drew some new pictures about my life story. And I posted one on my social media. Okay, have a good night. Yours, Loiriam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take your time to leave a comment.